Hi friends welcome to all at Southern & Northern challenge 7. This is very well knows event organized by our friend Divya Pramil of You too can cook Indian Food . In this event two teams challenge each other with their authentic regional recipes. Each team gets the time of full month to prepare and post the recipe on their blog click here to know more about this event. Divya gave me an opportunity to host SNC 7 April event to me on behalf of Northern team.
I am basically from Gujarat. The traditional Gujarati thali mostly encompasses rotli, dal, shaak, rice, sweets and farsan. Farsan is very important part of Gujarati thali. Khaman dhokla, Kachori, Sev khamni and Khandvi are very popular farsan. So I am here with my regional recipe Khandvi to challenge southern team. Khandvi is very popular farsan (snacks) of Gujarat. This is made with very simple and handy ingredients.
1 cup besan (gram flour)
½ cup sour curds
1 ½ cup water
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp asafoetida
8 to 10 curry leaves
1 green chili chopped
1 whole dry kashmiri red chili
For The Garnish:
2 tbsp grated coconut
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
1) Mix together besan, curd, turmeric powder, sugar, salt and water blend the mixture to make a smooth batter .Taking care that no lump remains.
2) Transfer the mixture into a non stick pan and heat on medium heat, while stirring continuously for 10 minutes or till it becomes thick. Spread a spoon of the batter on surface and wait for a few seconds and try to roll out, if it is done, then remove from heat.
3) Place the mixture immediately on the marble kitchen counter or on the back of a thali. Spread evenly using a spatula into very thin sheets. Allow besan layer to dry for about 5 minutes.
4) Cut the besan layers into broad strips of 2 inches and roll out it. Place the cut rolls on a serving dish.
5) Heat the oil in a pan for tempering add, mustard seeds, sesame seeds when the seeds crackle add asafoetida, curry leaves, green chili chopped, whole dry kashmiri red chili and sauté for second. Sprinkle the tempering over the Khandvi rolls and garnish with chopped coriander and coconut.
Tips: 1) To avoid lumps of besan into mixture strain besan using strainer.
2) Prepare your marble kitchen counter clean before this process.
In case you have any query or suggestion regarding this recipe, please feel free to contact me on my email id email@example.com
Sending this recipe to Original spotlight annoucement page and Show your best ,aathidhyam ,