Friday, 29 March 2013

Carrot cabbage uthappam dosa





I made this dish for taste and create event. This is my first recipe for “Taste and Create “group and this month I got paired with Saraniya from Sara's Tasty Buds. As per the rule, I have to select recipe from the paired partner and try it. Sara has very good innovative and yummy recipe collection with step by step details. I selected this carrot cabbage uthappam along with onion tomato mint chutney from her blog. I cook tomato onion uthappam regularly but never tried it with carrot and cabbage so want to make new combination. Both recipe are very tasty and easy.


Ingredients:

1 cup Dosa batter (for 1 uthappam)
2 tbsp Grated carrot
2 tbsp Grated cabbage
1 tsp Oil/ghee

Method:

Heat the non stick tawa, spread a ladle full of batter to thick dosa. Sprinkle grated carrot and cabbage, pour ghee/oil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn uthappam  on the other side and cook for 1 minute. Serve uthappam with sambar and oniontomato mint chutney.



15 comments:

  1. uttapam is my fav but never tried with this combo.. sounds yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely utthapam!! :)
    http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never use cabbage in Uttapam. nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love to see this recipe in your blog dear.....lovely recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. healthy n specially 4 kids who dont likes carots n cabbage...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. yummy Thanks for linking wwith my event

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome recipe thanks for linking with my event

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for your time to visit my blog. Your comments are my inspiration. Criticism and suggestions are always welcome.